Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sugarleaf Retreat

This past weekend was my (3rd) annual scrapbooking retreat in Cross Lake, MN. I brought along my friend & coworker Theresa. This was her first scrapbooking event of any kind, and her excitement was contagious.




On Friday afternoon we took advantage of the gorgeous sunshine and we took a little nature walk. We came upon this draft horse all alone in a pasture...we didn't want to trespass and barge right up to say hello, so we kept our distance and appreciated his beauty from afar. Honestly I do think he liked the attention...he seemed so lonely and bored. And this picture does not do him justice...he was HUGE and BEAUTIFUL!



An old plow thingy I thought was cool...



Theresa:











Me:
Most of these pictures were taken with Theresa's new Nikon point-&-shoot camera. She had forgotten her SD card, so I loaned her mine and we used her camera for the majority of the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. looks like you all had a great relaxing fun scrappy time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to sugarleaf, my friends and I usually go to BIRCH PARK near stillwater. see here, www.birchparkretreat.com love that place! Looks like u had a great time.. aren't retreats the best? I'm going to BIRCH PARK for mem day weekend.. I can't wait!
    bonnierose in Fargo

    ReplyDelete
  3. BonnieRose, thanks for the link to Birch Park. I live only 15 minutes from there -- good to know!

    Sugarleaf is great fun, but it's a 3 hour drive to get there.

    ReplyDelete