Monday, April 13, 2009

DadandDog

The title is a bit of an inside joke. Dad often will sign his emails 'DadandDog'. He and Gretchen are very much connected to eachother. They both need the other, and hate being apart from one another. Probably Gretchen more-so than Dad, but you get the idea.

As of late, Gretchen seems to be aging at a rapid pace. She moves much slower than she used to. It's difficult for her to get up on the couch, or in the truck. It even takes her longer to get up off the floor, and it breaks my heart. She's been SUCH a good dog, and it is hard to see her go from a springy pup to a creaky old dog seemingly overnight.

I just love the relationship these 2 have. They know eachother SO well. I swear they can read eachother's minds. It's cool and creepy at the same time. I love that they have eachother though. We all call Gretchen 'our' dog, but really she is Dad's, no doubt about it.

Love you both so much!




5 comments:

  1. Oh my.. those photos are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get some glucosamine vitamins for the dog. You can find them in the dog section at Wal-Mart. It has made a huge difference in my dog's life. She now runs and plays just like she did when she was a puppy. Well she can't go as long but she sure tries. BTW, my dog is 16.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww... she looks like such a sweet, sweet dog. I'm glad they have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww. So sweet. My dog is getting up there in age. Sometimes she can be as springy as she was when she was a puppy, but not very often anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet face! Who wouldn't love that! (the dog mostly, but your dad too! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete